Over the course of the week and weekend, I was able to debur all the Elevator parts. There are a lot of them! I also started dimpling things.. up until I broke my male 3/32″ dimple die. UGH! I use Cleavland’s tight fit dimple fixture, and a rivet set to hold the die in my rivet gun. I did’t think I was off center or anything, but somehow the male pilot of the dimple die broke off. So I’ve ordered a couple of replacements. I’ve asked a local friend if he has one I can borrow, seeing I’m mostly stuck needing to finish up all the dimpling prior to priming and riveting the structure together.
While deburring one of the skins, I managed to push my cordless drill off the bench with my 2.5mm Ezburr bit in it. Needless to say, the Ezburr bit didn’t fair well. 😦
So today, I dimpled any 1/8″ holes and did all the countersinking needed to some holes on the top of the rear spars and the trailing edge wedges. I also prepped the skins for the foam ribs used on the trailing edges by marking their positions and snuffing up the metal with sandpaper for better adhesion.
Below is a time lapse video of me dimpling one of the four elevator skins.